Responsible for greeting practice members, answering phones and making appointments, accepting payments, ensuring compliance of front desk policies, and interacting with the treatment team.
Who we want
- Do you take great satisfaction in being busy and productive?
- Do people say you are extremely dependable and they always know where you stand?
- Do you have a conscientiousness for doing things right and following tasks through to completion?
- Do you instinctively see in detail what the future might hold and plan accordingly?
- Do you easily collect, store and recall details and information?
What you will do
Our Practice is offering an opportunity to showcase your customer service and organizational skills in our office. We are looking for a positive person with great people and communication skills and a passion for helping others through natural and holistic healthcare. Excellent relationship-building skills are a must to ensure service is provided with a high degree of quality. You will be responsible for creating a warm and hospitable environment in the reception area, making and rescheduling appointments, answering phones, and recording payments received.
We are looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented, energetic person who exudes health and vitality and has a desire to make a difference in other people’s lives.
Four years of work experience required, at least two years of continuous employment with the same employer.
Must be trainable, willing to do homework to learn scripting and office procedures. Attending onsite/offsite training and seminar training is required. Must be available during hours detailed below. Paid holidays, training, plus bonus program.
Job responsibilities include
- Coordinating office flow for: patients, Dr, and staff
- Checking patients in/out, scheduling, collecting payments
- Answering phones in a pleasant, helpful, and professional manner
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong phone customer services skills
- Ability to create and maintain positive, effective working relationships with patients, staff, and the public
- Able to multitask while focusing on details
- Managing office supplies and retail inventory
What you need
- Two-year degree or more preferred
- Previous experience in customer service must be demonstrated
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Windows is preferred
Things you should know
- Chiropractic care
- Simple IRA
- Paid holidays
Available to work
- Monday -Wednesday 8am-7:30pm (Lunch Break 12-3pm)
- Thursday 2-7:30pm
- Friday & Saturday 8am-12pm
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $23.00 per hour