Job Title: Front Desk Coordinator
Location: Peoria, AZ
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18 – $22/hr
Be part of our expanding team as a Medical/Chiropractic Front Office Coordinator. This position provides secretarial, administrative, and clinical support.
This is a fast-paced and well-organized environment. Attention to detail and accuracy is critical.
You must be a fast learner, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and be computer literate. You will be cross-trained in all areas of the office and will be expected to rotate to all areas based on the needs of the clinic.
This is one of the most important positions in our office because of the patient/client/vendor interaction. Also, this position works very closely with the insurance/billing department and clinical staff.
- Greet and assist patients in person or over the phone
- Manage patient check-ins and check-outs
- Schedule appointments and handle walk-in and emergency cases
- Verify patient insurance and explain benefits
- Follow up on missed appointments and reschedule as needed
- Register patients in the EMR/EHR system, ensuring complete paperwork
- Scan/copy patient IDs and insurance cards into the system
- Post accurate services to the ledger and collect payments
- Coordinate referrals and facilitate medical records requests
- Manage clinic supply inventory and order as necessary
- Maintain cleanliness and adhere to infection control practices
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Communicate professionally, verbally, and in writing
- Ability to work well independently
- Ability to multitask
- Detail-oriented with process-oriented thinking
- Familiarity with medical terminology and abbreviations
- Intermediate computer skills, including EMR systems
- Operate fax machine, copier, and scanner
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Medical assistant certification preferred
- Previous medical office experience is a MUST
- Chiropractic, osteopathic, physical therapy, or orthopedic experience preferred
- Current medical assisting, billing/coding, and/or chiropractic assistant experience preferred