Keough Chiropractic is looking for a highly organized, neatly-presented Chiropractic Assistant. The responsibilities include answering phone and e-mails, scheduling appointments, collecting co-payments, understanding patient accounts, and welcoming patients. You will also be required to take vitals and perform therapeutic modalities.
To be successful as a Chiropractic Assistant, you must be able to work with sensitive patient data and maintain confidentiality. You should also be able to multitask without sacrificing accuracy in your work. Top candidates will have good customer service skills and are detail-oriented.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED (WE’LL TRAIN YOU)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Chiropractic Assistant
- Greet patients and check them in, confirm their insurance status, the ways in which they will pay, their medical histories, and any other relevant medical information.
- Takes some general diagnostic information
- Manages the clinic schedule, makes appointments for patients, determines when the chiropractor is available, and confirms appointments to make sure patients are on time.
- Collects and processes payments from patients and insurance companies.
- Distributes educational information to patients as instructed by the chiropractor.
- Maintains organized files on all patients.
- Abides by HIPAA laws regarding sharing of personal medical information.
- Answers the phone and addresses all patient questions and concerns.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be willing to undergo further training for giving x-rays, performing particular therapy treatments, and more.
- Must have strong communications skills and be able to relate to people from all walks of life.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision the majority of the time.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED
Full Time; Training Provided
Benefits: Monthly bonuses, vacation, sick time, IRA, disability insurance, and free chiropractic care for spouse and dependents after the probationary period.
Here is a link to our website if you would like to get to know us better: